There are lots of ways you can help Ellie’s Fund – Brain Tumour Trust to raise brain tumour awareness – and lots of them won’t cost you anything!
Number 1 : Write to your MP
- 16,000 people each year in the UK are diagnosed with a brain tumour
- 20% of all cancers now spread to the brain
- More men under the age of 45 and women under the age of 35 die from a brain tumour than any other cancer
- While the five-year survival rate for many cancers is over 50% – for brain tumours, the five year survival rate is only 14%
- Brain tumours are the most common tumour found in children and have overtaken leukaemia as the biggest cancer killer of children in the UK
- Brain tumour research receives less than 1% (0.7%) of cancer research spending in the UK
- The amount the government has spent on cancer research related to brain tumours in 2007-8 is half the ‘official’ figure of £970,000 from the Medical Research Council
- Our MP’s need to be told this, until they start to listen.
Number 2 : Join Our Campaign Group on Facebook!
- Strength in numbers is what we need to help us get our message across – just click on our social media links at the top or bottom to find our group on facebook.
Number 3 : Support one of our events
- See our events page for more details. There are all sorts of events planned. We need people to help out as well as to donate.
Number 4 : Visit Our Online Shop!
Ok, so this one might cost you a bit!
Please have a look at our shop page. Show your support by wearing one of our wristbands
Number 5 : Organise an event!
There are lots of event ideas out there. We’ve gathered some of them together and created a quick ‘how to’ guide on our new page which will be coming soon.