Useful Links to Other Sites
Trying to book a holiday with a child who is going through treatment for a brain tumour - or any cancer - can be a mine field regarding insurance. The Christian Lewis Trust have put together some information and numbers of insurance companies that may be able to help. You may have to ring several of them before you can find one that will be able to help you. Be prepared to pay a lot; prices are usually much more expensive than usual.
Please feel free to print out and use as needed.
Here at Ellie's Fund Brain Tumour Trust we recognise that some children have a 'dream', a wish. Sadly we are not in a position to help with these but the following 'wish' charities may be able to:
Christian Lewis Trust:
- The Trust helps families by providing emotional and practical support for the whole family, such as holidays, play therapy, befriending and bereavement support.
- Tel: 01792 480 500
- Email: email@example.com
Dreams Come True Charity
- Dreams Come True is a national charity which makes the dreams of terminally or seriously ill children become a reality.
- Tel: 0800 018 6013
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Holiday Association
- The Family Holiday Association provides grants towards a one week holiday of the family’s choice. Referral needed from a health visitor or social worker.
- Tel: 020 7436 3304
- Email: email@example.com
Make-A-Wish Foundation® UK
- Make-A-Wish grants magical wishes to children and young people aged 3-17 who are fighting life-threatening illnesses.
- Tel: 01276 405060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rays of Sunshine Children’s Charity
- This charity exists to grant the wishes of children who are living with serious or life-threatening illnesses between the ages of 3-18 who live in the United Kingdom.
- Tel: 020 8782 1171
Round Table Children’s Wish
- Round Table Children’s Wish has made the dreams of more than 1,300 children with life-threatenting illnesses come true.
- Starlight Children’s Foundation brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children by granting their wishes and providing hospital entertainment to help take their minds off the pain, fear and isolation of their illness.
- Tel: 020 7262 2881
- Email: email@example.com
When You Wish Upon a Star
- Their aim is to grant the ‘Wishes’ of children suffering from a life threatening illness, from the age of 2 to 16.
- Tel: 0115 979 1720
Also useful to you may be some of the other charities that we work with under the Brain Tumour Research umbrella. Click on the logo to be taken to the site.